Announcements
Welcome Guest , to the New and Official Forum of the Reality Life Roleplay (Click here to read more)
Anything in your mind that you want to suggest in the server or in forum? click here!

[GUIDE] Jat Roleplay Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jat
Jat
Rookie
IG Name: : Kyros Emyrs
Location : Homeland --- People were created to be loved, Things were create to be used. The reason why the world is in CHAOS. Is because things are being loved and people are being used.
[GUIDE] Jat Roleplay Guide Empty Been the CoP of LSPD

PostJat Sun 29 Nov 2015, 7:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

☼ What is Roleplay Actually?
Roleplay is taking a role of a other person you would like to be!
Although you can't be a flying superman, but everything that is realistic is possible!
So let's take an example, you really want to be a bartender, or you really want to be a pilot,
Or maybe you like to steal cars, or stealing snickers from a local store? That is all possible.
It can go in all directions that's what makes roleplay so fun, you can extend yourself with something you enjoy, that doesn't have anything to do with you as a person.
Try to make your own goals for your character, do you want to end up as a giant gang boss, or you rather chose to be the person who kicks criminals booties in prison, It's all up to you.

☼ What is In Character (IC)?
In Character means the player's character, it's about information and knowledge that only applies for your character, so let's see an example, my character's name is Dean Grande,
Dean Grande is a different person than me in real, because he is a person who would rather steal a snicker than buying one. you need to separate the real you from your character.
So everything regarding your character goes in the IC CHAT, that is the normal chat,
You can write there down what your character is doing, and what he/she is saying,
You are in control of your character, but you and your character are two different persons.
Note: Abbreviations as lol, lmao, lmfao,rofl or any of these kinds ARE NOT ALLOWED in IC chat.

☼ What is Out Of Character (OOC)?
Out Of Character applies for the real you, everything regarding you, as in where you live, what your real name is, and what you are doing. therefore to separate the IC and OOC we have different chats to divide them. The most common chats are /b, /n and /o.
These are the chats that are FREE to talk about real life subjects,
So everything regarding your real life can be talked about in OOC chats.
Note: Abbreviations as lol, lmao, lmfao, rofl, or any of these kinds ARE ALLOWED in OOC chat.

☼ What is Metagaming (MG)?
Metagaming means that you are mixing In Character and Out Of Character information.
You need to separate the In Character and Out of Character information at all times.
You are not allowed to use OOC knowledge for IC purposes.
The most common mistake people make regarding metagaming is that they use the name tags to find out other players name.

Example 1:
You park your car at the gas station and steps out. Across the street you see an other player,
you decide to ask him/her a question and walk towards that person.
You start the conversation with a greet and question,
Hey Dean Grande how are you? I am new in town and a bit lost!
Is this the Good or the Wrong way?

This is the Wrong way
Why? because in real life you wouldn't know a strangers name by a name tag above their heads.

Example 2:
You park your car at the gas station and steps out. Across the street you see an other player,
You decide to ask him/her a question and walk towards that person.
You start the conversation with a greet and question,
Hey there! I am new in town, and a bit lost may I ask what your name is?

This is the Good way,
why? Because you ICl'y asked the name of the other player instead of using the name tag above the players head, this is the way to get someones name in a roleplay way.

☼ What is Powergaming (PG)?
Powergaming means that you are forcing a other player with your kind of roleplay,
or roleplay actions, You must see it as something that is unrealistic and impossible in real life,
For example, let's say your playing hide and seek in real life, and you can't find a good spot to hide,
Would you grab a magic coat to make you invisible? Of course not! because that's just simply impossible, the same for the a roleplay server, it isn't possible and or realistic in real life, so it won't be in the game either.
Here a few roleplay examples:

Example 1:
You are in a bar, having fun with friends and enjoy a few drinks,
But all of the sudden someone bumps accidentally into you,
You turn around and decide to give this person a slap in the face,
/me Dean Grande Turns around and raise his arm and swings his hand to slap *** in his face

This is the Wrong way!
Why? Well In real life if someone tries to slap you, would you be freezed to the ground without having a chance to defend yourself? no i don't think so either, because in real life, you would dive away or try to stop his/her hand,
The reason this action is powergaming, is that you don't give the other player the opportunity to take a action, you are forcing this action to the other player, because the other player can't react to this roleplay.

Example 2:
You are in a bar, having fun with friends and enjoy a few drinks,
But all of the sudden someone bumps accidentally into you,
You turn around and decide to give this person a slap in the face,
/me Dean Grande Turns around and raise his arm and attempts to slap *** in his face
/do would my hand hit your face?

This is the Good way
Why? because in this action you give the other player the chance to respond to you roleplay,
Now the player can use a /do to defend or either fight back, in the first example, the other player doesn't have the chance to do that. this is the good way to take a action Rply.

☼ What is Deathmatch (DM)?
Deathmatch means that you are attacking/hitting/killing a other player without a valid reason,
Would you just go on the street and start punching a other person just because he/she is passing you? No me either, it's unrealistic and not normal, the same is for a Roleplay server,
You can't just start punching or killing a other player without a reason, that's not only weird but it doesn't make seance, of course there are special servers for DM,
but in a roleplay server it's simply not allowed.

☼ What is Revenge Killing (RK)?
Revenge killing means that your kill the player who killed you earlier,
Roleplay wise, when you get injured and wake up in a hospital, you lose some of your memories,
that means you can't remember, who killed you, where you got killed, and how you got killed,
Also harming the other player physically is a form of Revenge Killing.
So when you got injured by a other player, and lose your memories don't hunt that player down, and then kill him/her, you would brake a rule, and it would be unrealistic as well.

☼ What is Kill On Sight (KOS)?
Kill on sight means you try to kill someone directly when you see him/her,
It can be because you have a fight with that person, or simply that you don't like him/her
Or you see that someone is a police officer, or gang member and decides to shoot at them,
this is also Kill On Sight, it's simply not allowed on a Roleplay server,
You don't have any valid roleplay reason, so that would make it DM as well.

☼ What is Driver Drive-By (DDB)?
Driver Drive-By means that you are shooting from out of you car while driving,
This isn't allowed on roleplay servers because, in real life it's impossible to shoot at targets while driving at high speed. Maybe it's possible in action movies, but that's not the case here,
You must be as realisitc as possible on a roleplay server, driving and shooting from a driver seat isn't a part of that.
Also because when you shoot from the driver seat the gun auto aims at the targets,
You can shoot from the passenger seat, that would me far more realistic and that is allowed,
If you roleplay your actions everything is fine.

☼ What is Non Roleplay Name?
A non roleplay name means that your name isn't realistic or harassing,
also famous names aren't allowed on roleplay servers.
So a name as Miley Cyrus would be a non roleplay name,
A good roleplay name exsist out of a Firstname_Lastname
Like: Dean Grande, that's a realistic and roleplay name.
So SINGLE names as:
Shooter,Ghost,Killer,Creep or any of these kinds are not allowed.

☼ What is Car parking?
Car parking means that you use a vehicle to driver over a player to kill them,
This isn't allowed on a roleplay server, it isn't realistic as well,
what is possible though is that you can roleplay that you hit the other player with your car,
But it must be roleplayed so just drive over a player and use your car to park on them isn't allowed.

☼ What is Spawn Killing (SK)?
Spawn killing means that you repeatedly kill a other play when they are spawning at a hospital
this is forbidden, because it's unroleplay and also unrealistic,
You can't just wait until someones spawn and kill him/her over and over again,
This will also cause argues and fights, and is highly annoying,
also this is a form of Kill on sight, you need to give the other player the chance to spawn peacefully without being shot.

☼ What is Logging to avoid?
Logging to avoid means that you quickly quit the game to avoid a roleplay,
This means that you try to avoid death, arrest, or a roleplay.
This is very unrealistic and also forbidden on a roleplay server,
In real life you can't just disappear when you can't deal with a situation,
Try to act as you would in real life.

☼ What is exploiting?
Exploiting means that you are taking advantage and abusing bugs in the script,
This is forbidden, when you find a bug, be so kind to report it, so the developers can make work out of it, in this way you are able to help the server then abusing it for your own advantage.

☼ What is chicken running?
Chicken running means that your are running from one side to the other very fast to avoid being hit by a bullet, this is very unrealistic and non roleplay, try to run a straight line and hide behind things, then running from one side to the other, this only doesn't look very stupid, but is also annoying for the other person.

☼ What is Bunny Hopping?
Bunny Hopping means that your repeatedly press the jump button while running, to move faster this is also unrealistic and unroleplay, and not allowed in a roleplay server. in real life you wouldn't jump with every STEPyou take,
You aren't a rabit! so don't act as one!.

☼ What is Ass pulling?
Ass pulling means that you withdraw your weapon without roleplaying it,
In real life you can't just snap your fingers and you have a weapon in your hand,
it's also forbidden on a roleplay server!
it's also non roleplay and unrealistic, you always have to use a /me to withdraw a weapon.

Example 1:
You are in the middle of a gun fight and decide to get involved with it,
you pull your gun and start shooting,
/me Dean Grande Grabs a gun and starts shooting in all directions

This is the Wrong way!
Why? because you are ass puling at this point, that isn't a valid /me to withdraw a gun,
it's unrealistic and you wouldn't start shoot in all directions, you can hit innocent citizens

Example 2:
You are in the middle of a gun fight and decide to get involved with it,
you pull your gun and start shooting,
/me Dean Grande Takes his Deagle from his holster, reloads it and turns the Safety [OFF]
/do *Click Clack*
/do you can see that i am in a position to fire on every threatening target

This the Good way!
Why? because you roleplay that you take out your gun in the right way
you always have to turn your safety on or off,
It's far more realistic and you give more details of what you are doing,
this will result in more roleplay actions.

☼ What means Character Kill (CK)?
In this stage your character will actually die,
It means that you loses all your possessions, money, name, status, and faction
Your character doesn't exists anymore, it's only possible if a lead admin give permisson for it. It's need to be roleplayed well, and you need a valid reason
Don't forget that when you CK your whole ACCOUNT will be erased!

Thanks for reading! I hope you understand roleplay some more!
Never be afraid to ask for help!
I wish you allot of luck with your roleplay journey

Last edited by Jat on Sun 29 Nov 2015, 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zepto
Zepto
Famed
IG Name: : Zepto
[GUIDE] Jat Roleplay Guide Empty AED EA Famed [GUIDE] Jat Roleplay Guide Empty Been a member of the old RL-RP '12 [GUIDE] Jat Roleplay Guide Empty Forum Staff Been the CoP of LSPD
https://rl-rp.forumotion.net

PostZepto Sun 29 Nov 2015, 8:16 pm

Re-Edit the Color Blue by Light color, it breaks my eye vision.
Jat
Jat
Rookie
IG Name: : Kyros Emyrs
Location : Homeland --- People were created to be loved, Things were create to be used. The reason why the world is in CHAOS. Is because things are being loved and people are being used.
[GUIDE] Jat Roleplay Guide Empty Been the CoP of LSPD

PostJat Sun 29 Nov 2015, 8:58 pm

Jasta wrote:Re-Edit the Color Blue by Light color, it breaks my eye vision.

Done ☻
Zepto
Zepto
Famed
IG Name: : Zepto
[GUIDE] Jat Roleplay Guide Empty AED EA Famed [GUIDE] Jat Roleplay Guide Empty Been a member of the old RL-RP '12 [GUIDE] Jat Roleplay Guide Empty Forum Staff Been the CoP of LSPD
https://rl-rp.forumotion.net

PostZepto Sun 29 Nov 2015, 10:03 pm

Sticky and lock!
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum